- This article is about California cities. For other uses, see San Rafael.
San Rafael is the largest city in Marin County in the San Francisco Bay area. Sanrafael is a medium-sized commuter city, one of Spain's original missions, and it has a beautiful hill, peaceful nature, interesting architecture and a downtown area centered on 4-chome. Sanrafael is the center of Marine's culture and politics and provides its own attractions which can easily access other parts of the county.
Sanrafael is on the 101 Freeway, north of San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge. 101 people cross the expressway 580 in San Rafael, and there are a lot of drivers coming from Higashi Bay.
The ferry runs from the ferry terminal in the downtown San Francisco, Union Square Financial District. It's convenient to go to San Raffel because you leave every 30 minutes of rush hour every hour. The 1 Larkspur Ferry Terminal is about two kilometers away from downtown, but a bus runs there.
2 The San Rafael Transit Center also serves as a service to other areas of Marin, which is provided by the Marine Transit, a service to San Francisco Sonoma County and a service to Richmond, which is provided by the Golden Gate Transit. Marine Oakland Airlines (including the operation to San Francisco International Airport and Oakland International Airport) and Greyhound Bus also stop at the Transportation Center.
The Sonoma Marine Area Rail Transit (SMART) has two stations in San Raphael, which is connected to Novato, Larkspur and Sonoma County. Petalma, Ronato Park, Santa Rosa and other airports in Sonoma County. An extension to Cloverdale is planned. One station is located in the center of the city, and the other is located near the city center.
The nearest major airports were San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Auckland International Airport (OAK). To get to San Raphael from the SFO, you can use the Marine Airport to leave the SFO every 30 minutes, early in the morning and late at night, and get off at the Anderson Drive and the Transit Center. The fare is $23, and you get paid in cash when you get off.
The Airport Express, well known as the Auckland Airport Porter, departs from Auckland Airport once an hour to San Raphael.
The downtown area of San Rafael is based on a grid network, with numbered streets running east-west and north-south and letter streets running north-south. You can walk through the downtown area, but to visit other places, such as the Civic Center and the China Camp, you should drive. The Marine Transit bus service mentioned above is also a good choice for going to different regions.
Taxis are available at San Rafael and can also go to other towns in Marin. You can't call them out of the street, but you can call them out, and they line up with the transit centers. You can call a taxi from the North Bay Cooperative Taxi at +1-415-258-2800.
At Fourth Avenue, the center of San Rafael, it's crowded with shops and restaurants, giving a downtown atmosphere.
- 1 Mission San Rafael Arc Angel, 1104 Fifth Ave (A Street), ☏+1-415-456-3016. W-F Su 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. San Rafael, the 20th of California's 21st mission, played an auxiliary or auxiliary role to San Francisco's Mission Dolores in 1817 but was promoted to full mission in 1822. Sanrafael was a hospital mission supporting Spanish settlements and Indigenous patients. The first mission was secularized and used by General John C. Fremont during the Mexican-American War and as a Marine County Court during the U.S. state. The original church was destroyed in 1861 and a series of Catholic churches were built there. Restored in 1949, Mission Chapel is available for visitors to the museum and its grounds, which include three original Mission Bells. Freedom.
- The Civic Center in Marin County, Civic Center, is the only example of a government building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, and is thought to have been a long way ahead of the times in the background of the movie Gattaca. A 90-minute tour of the building starts at 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday and Friday from the second floor café (233 rooms) and costs $10 (five dollars for the elderly and students). A branch of the Municipal Public Library is on the fourth floor, and you can see a model of the Civic Center. Next to the building is a large duck pond, which is officially called the Civic Center Lagoon, a good, dark place for walking or feeding ducks.
- 1 Christopher B. Smith Raphael Film Center (Raphael Theater), Day 1118 (A&B Street), ☏+1-415-454-5813 M-Th 6PM-9PM, F 4PM-9PM, and Sa Su 2PM-9PM. Christopher B. Smith Raphael Film Center is a beautiful restored Art Deco Theater in American Graffiti. It is located in the center of Fourth Avenue, where independent movies, popular Western-style movies and documentaries are performed every day. $6.50-10.
- 2 China Camp State Park (from downtown San Rafael to East 3rd Street and continuing to follow after turning to Point San Pedro Road), ☏+1 415 456-0766. It was established as a village by Chinese immigrants. You can now enjoy hiking trails, beaches, museums and natural scenery in parks. If you open your eyes, you may encounter a piece of Chinese pottery while visiting.
- 3 McNears Beach (right south of China Camp) Swimming Pool, Pier, Snack Bar, Picnic Area, Volleyball and Tennis.
- See 4 Marine Shakespeare (Forest Meadows Amphitheater), 890 Belle Ave, +1 415-499-4488, [email protected]☏. Shakespeare and other classical plays are performed at outdoor theaters every summer. Sit close to the front, make it clear, and consider bringing in or lending out cushions for wooden benches. Bring your coat and blankets last night—Sanraphael cools as soon as the sun sets.
- A street festival in Italy. The annual street painting festival is held in central Sanraphael every summer.
- At a big fair held every summer near the Marine County Exhibition Citizens Center, food, vehicles, art and performances are held. Don't miss the fireworks on July 4 every night.
- a hiking The hill to the north of San Rafael, like the China Camp, has a hiking course, but to enjoy a truly wonderful view, you have to move a little further from the rest of Malin.
This area of California is full of fertile farmland and has a lot of fresh produce. At several farmers' markets every week, the program features children's music, crafts, activities and local food.
The downtown area is No.4, with many shops, boutiques and restaurants, and the atmosphere is good.
- 1 Thursday Farmer's Market (near the Civic Center) Every Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- 2nd Sunday Farmers' Market (near the Civic Center) Every Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. It's the best place to buy fresh vegetables and fruits from farmers, bread from many local bakeries, gourmet food and fresh seafood. They drink coffee, drink fresh crepes and waffles, and learn about the most ardent farmers in Marin.
- 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday (May-September), the San Rafael Downtown Farmers Market (4th street between B&Cijos). Unlike the farmers' market at the Civic Center, the market focuses on entertainment. About 100 farmers, food sections and artists participate every week.
- 4 Northgate All (The Mall at Northgate) 5800 Northgate Mall , 1 415 479-5955). There's nothing to write about, but it's a perfectly wonderful shawl with movie theaters and food courts.
- 5 Game Scape, 1225 4thSt,☏ +1-415-457-8698. M-F 11AM-7PM, SA 10AM-7PM, SU 11AM-6PM. Popular stores such as board games, card games and role playing games. Families who want to send their time to a serious role player or a wargmer are interested in a variety of things. In the back, you may see a group playing a walhammer, magic, or pokemon. The staff is knowledgeable and very useful.
Sanrafael, like many Bay Area towns, has many pubs, tacos nodes, cafes and bars. There are many restaurants on Fourth Street
- 1 Muffin Mania, 2 Bayview St+1 415 485-1027. Muffins are made with vegan and corn powder. a grateful and dead atmosphere a delicious sandwich He is a good coffee man.
- 2-Sushi and Dai, 816 4th, -415-721-0392.
- 3-Takeria San Jose, 615 4St, ☏+1-415-455-0999. It's just under Track 101.
- 4 Lotus Indian Cuisine, 4704St, 415-456-5808☏ (4704). It's the best Indian food in Marine, a relaxed, quiet atmosphere, a great service, and a retractable ceiling to let the sun in warm days.
- 5 Sol Food, 901 Lincoln Ave, +1-415-451-4765☏. Puerto Rican cuisine and tropical environment are very popular restaurants among the local people.
- 6 Puenttez Taqueria 243 3rd St (located in the east corner of Monteito Plaza and near Trader Joe's), ☏+1-415-721-7992, [email protected]✉. M-Sa 10AM-9PM. Mom and Pop Takeria from Montesit Plaza. 3 to 5 dollars.
- 7 Aroma Cafe (1122 Bangai next to Rafael Theater)1-415-459-4340. M-Sa 7AM-10PM, Su 7:30AM-10PM. I like coffee shops, but on the menu there are various kinds of food, including rap and pizza. They eat a mouthful or chat over coffee.
- Arizona 8, 1002, Street 4, +1-415-456-4093. M-F 7AM-7PM, SA 8AM-7PM, SU 9AM-3PM. A bakery owned by workers and a pizza restaurant with delicious cookies. There are many vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- 9-Double Rainbow Cafe, 860 4th Avenue 860☏, +1-415-457-0803. M-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-midnight, Su Noon-10PM. There are cafes and sandwiches, but the real appeal here is ice cream. Double rainbow is just delicious with antique ice cream. There are usually two options that do not use vegetarians or dairy products.
- 1-Mayflower Pub, 1533th Street☏, +1-415-456-1011. A full-fledged British pub and grill, the same place since 1971. I'll serve lunch and dinner. Standards such as large salads, hamburgers, fish and chips, bangs and mushrooms, and sausage rolls.
- 2 Contributor's Pub 927 Tamarpa Avenue, +1-415-456-7044.
- 3 Red Whale Coffee, 169 Paul Drive, +1-415-906-6277, Toll-Free: +1-855-906-6277. M-F 7AM-4:40PM, Sa Su 8AM-2PM. A low key coffee shop with a unique approach to coffee.
- 1 Embassy Suites by Hilton San Rafael Marine County 101 McKinnispa ☏1-415-499-9222.
- 2 Motel 6, 737 E Francisco Blvd, +1-415-453-3450.
- 3 Extended Stay America, 1775 Francisco Blvd E, +1-415-451-1887, [email protected]. a place for long-term guests It has 112 guest rooms including a kitchen, an on-site laundry facility, an indoor pool, an indoor pool, an outdoor hot tab, a meeting room, breakfast, business center, wireless Internet, a full-room flat-screen TV set and a fitness center.
- 4-North Bay Inn - Sunrafael, 855 E Francisco Blvd, +1-415-456-8620. B&B.
- 5 Panama Hotel, 4 Bay View St, +1-415-457-3993, Toll-Free: +1-800-899-3993. A small, old-fashioned and eclectic hotel with a unique, decorated theme room. It's also a rare and fun restaurant, and jazz is also a good add. Mexico - Italy - California dishes are beautifully decorated in the interior, with meals in the spring and summer outdoors. The whole incident is in a quiet neighborhood near the center of the town. The fee includes a very fine continental breakfast.
keep ~ safe
San Rafael's crime rate is higher than most of Marin County, but it's much safer than the neighboring big cities like San Francisco and Auckland.
If you decide to enter the canal district, you should be on your guard during the day. Some of them are very dangerous. But in the Bay Area there is one of the best Latin foods. Don't dress too much in red or blue. You may get confused and close as a rival to other gangs. You had better not walk through the canal area at night. The west of Carner is more dangerous than the east of Carner, a good town house along the river.
There are crimes near downtown, Tera Linda and Woodland Avenue, so be careful of what you're around and don't dress up with red or blue.
- nearby fairfax
- Mill Valley, Beautiful Muir Woods and Mount Tamalpais Entrance
- Heading north at 101 degrees to the Napa Valley and the country of wine.
- Cape Reis is west of the Pacific coast.
- San Francisco is about 20 to 30 minutes south on Route 101.
- Over the hill, we head for Steinson Beach on the Pacific coast.
|via San Raphael|
|End Left||W E||→Richmon → Auckland|
|Santa Rosa (Santa Rosa) - Nova←||N S||→ Larkspur → San Francisco|
|Santa Rosa (Santa Rosa) - Nova←||N S||→ Larkspur → Terminal|